Lately, I've been trying to eat more whole foods. Meaning not processed. I love breakfast so this recipe has become a frequent one at our house.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp honey
1T oil or applesauce
1 egg
1 cup milk
Opt. 1-2 T flaxseed
Mix dry ingredients first then stir in the oil, egg, and milk.
I have learned that the perfect pancake is all in the temperature of the pan. Do a little one to see if the pan is just right before you pour out all the batter. Iusually have my stove set on 5 or 6. But every stove is different. This will make about 10-12 pancakes. If Chad eats with us I double the recipe. We usually serve this with fresh fruit cut up and pure maple syrup. Or you can mash up fruit and boil to make a jam like topping.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.